Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen - 2/10/10




1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? If I'm really, really sick, I'd just rather be left alone until I feel better. Guess that makes me a grump. :)

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? Y-A-Y! I get a snow day!

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? Cooking. Seriously. I'm pretty good at it, but good grief. It's taken me over half my life to get to this point.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Nope, but there's still time.

5. What song is on your mind today? Toby Mac Made to Love

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? It depends on what I'm in the mood to watch.

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.Oh...I can do that. But I prefer to not get to that point. Let's just hash it out so we can kiss and make up. lol

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) His sense of humor.

9. When was the last time your heart raced? This morning on the drive to work. The roads are treacherous and drivers are....ummmm....let's just say they don't know how to drive for the conditions. 

Anthropomorphic Valentine, circa 1950-1960
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? Decorated boxes filled with cards and candy from classmates.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer? You're kidding, right? Chocolate.....chocolate.....CHOCOLATE!

12. Red or pink? Yellow roses for me please.

Thanks to Lid for this fun meme. If you'd like to join in, just hop on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and follow the instructions.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (New King James Version) 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

21 comments:

Joyce said...

We're mid-snow storm here today so I won't be getting out with the crazies : )

#11-I agree...what a silly question!

Anonymous said...

Always fun to learn more about you - I love yellow roses too and CHOCOLATE!

Judy said...

What other choice is there for candy?
Yellow roses are my favorite! I carried them for our wedding and based the whole color scheme around them!

gigi said...

My BFF has always loved yellow roses!

Chocolate all the way!

I'm a fussy whiner when I am sick. The Sweetheart suffers in silence.

Thena said...

What women can refuse chocolate? Total weakness for me.

Jill said...

Yellow always makes me think of sunshine! What an original answer!

Sweet Tea said...

Any chance you like Chocolate? LOL I feel for you trying to drive in snowy conditions...Talk about making your heart race - that would do it for sure.

Melli said...

Actually... I wasn't thinking roses... I was just thinking colors! LOL! But roses? WHITE for me please! They always smell the best!

I wondered about question 11 too -- then I decided surely she meant what KIND of chocolate! LOL!

I'm with ya on today's weather ... fortunately we're just shut down again.... nobody's going ANYwhere!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. I am with you on #7. Let's just air everything and get on with life and enjoy each other.

until next time... nel

achildoftheking said...

I like your answers. I thought the same things you answered as I read the question. We're a lot alike... lol!

Angie said...

Toby Mac - forgot about him. Love that song!

Like # 6 & 7.

# 10 - is that one of your old valentines?

yellow roses - love them too!

SouthLakesMom said...

I hear you on the drivers! Glad you're not on your motorcycle in this weather though.

Is that a vintage valentine? It's adorable!

Happy Rest of the Week!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I should probably do #7 your way, then I would not explode when I have had enough ;)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Susan! So glad to get reconnected with you again today. I've been terrible about blogging. THANK YOU for doing the Random Dozen. Love your answers.

Susanne said...

I love those little "old fashioned" valentines. It seems all the kids go for the "Disney" or "Transformer/superhero/" kind. Somehow transformers and little cute sayings just don't mesh for me. LOL.

Anonymous said...

OH! I love yellow roses! and chocolate! hee hee

This is my 2nd time through This Present Darkness. I love this book...very powerful! Just wish they made it for Kindle. Have a great day!

christy rose said...

Great list Susan! My husband's sense of humor won me over too. He still makes me laugh ever day. :)

Anonymous said...

I love yellow roses also!

Chel said...

Have you seen the new tie-dye roses? They are beautiful but I love the new purple ones (I first typed pupose ones! lol)
Loved your answers! (r u kidding??? lol)
Chel

Tea with Tiffany said...

Fun post! :)

Chocolate for me too.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!
I can relate to the driving and heart racing, I get so nervous sometimes because so many people are inattentive or simply don't know how to drive!