Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random Dozen - 03/03/10 Kiss the Blarney Stone


1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Odd. 3, 7, 11. Any particular reason? They're good numbers to hit if you're playing craps. ahahaha! KIDDING! They mean completion to me.

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you? I'm pretty high on the vanity scale. At least a 7. Probably closer to an 8 or 9.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered I def like a good party. I love to entertain. I've very social. A friend of mine made the comment just yesterday that I'm very friendly, the type of person who could make friends with a brick wall. Maybe that qualifies me in the Talkative category too. lol

4. How lucky do you consider yourself? I don't consider it luck. It's a blessing straight from the throne of grace.

5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written? Subject??? Posts are supposed to have a subject??? Oh. I thought they were just random. lol

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words. Come on SPRING!

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery) I can spot it a mile away.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking? Not as green as I could be, or should be.

9. What is your favorite song this week? Outside My Window by Sara Buxton (and I typed this before I read question #11). lol

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up? I don't pick it up. I pray that it blesses the person who does pick it up. I figure they need it worse than me.
Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, in one of the m...
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...." I see a world of possibilities and God's beautiful creation and yard work just waiting for warm weather.

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.Unchained Melody by Les Baxter, but these guys made it famous. You might also recognize it from the movie Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. 






Peace and Joy,
Susan

Job 23:10-11 (NKJV) 10 But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 My foot has held fast to His steps; I have kept His way and not turned aside.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

13 comments:

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh Girrrrrl! OUR answers are just too too TOO much alike this week! Except for that vanity one... ya know... I've never known anyone who was that vain who ADMITTED it! Usually very vain people really think they're not! (ooooO... I wonder if that means that I AM vain...???) This tells me you do have SOME humility to ya!!! LOL!

Joyce said...

Ha-I loved #5. I've got an awful lot of random happening on my blog too. And I don't mean just on Wednesdays : )

Have a great day!

Thena said...

Love Unchained Melody and the movie Ghost. Just don't make songs like that anymore, do they?

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I always look froward to reading your random dozen. number 11 was my favorite today...I admire your positive attitude!

Mocha with Linda said...

#4 is great. That's my opinion too, but I decided just to go with the superficial "luck", like winning door prizes.

I always liked Unchained Melody!

christy rose said...

The #1 song the day I was born was "Good Lovin" by The Young Rascals. I have never heard of it though! I love "Unchained Melody" And you are right I first heard it on the movie "Ghost" Have a great day Susan!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww I love your answer to #10.

Great answers.

KrippledWarrior said...

I'm so green there's moss on my beard.
Love ya,
Kurt

Sweet Tea said...

"make friends with a brick wall" LOL What a great compliment. The gift of gab is truly a "gift". It's in the Bible, "isn't it?" LOL

"Outside my Window" is such a cute song - I like it too!

Greg C said...

Way to let the cat out of the bag Susan. You hit the nail on the head on #4. It's not luck but you didn't have to tell anyone. Every time I do something nice for someone, something nice happens to me. And I know where it comes from. Look up.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. I like Sara Buxton's songs. I am with you on #8. I need to work on that I guess.

until next time... nel

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

fun list....always love yours...and we always have lots in common

Jerralea said...

It is a gift to be able to make friends so easily!~

I love the Righteous Bros. version of Unchained Melody.