1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to mis-use, over-use or just general uselessness and they receive over 1000 nominations. Here are the fourteen words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2011-viral, epic, fail, wow factor, a-ha moment, back story, BFF, man up, refudiate, Mama Grizzlies, The American People, facebook/google when used as verbs, I'm just sayin', and Live life to the fullest.
What word or phrase would you like to see banished from our everyday vocabulary in 2011? You can choose one from the 'official list' or you can get creative and come up with your own. I'm so over "that." You hear it all the time. Even I use it. I've been using it a lot lately. "I'm so over winter." "I'm so over cold weather." Good grief. Who isn't?
2. Do you consider opportunity something that comes to you or something you create for yourself? God presents opportunities to us. It is up to us to recognize them, accept them, and walk in them.
3. Since we're all eating healthy this month, ahem, what's included in your favorite salad? Is there dressing? Ha! Salads healthy! Bleh! Dark Chocolate! Now that's healthy. ahahaha
4. The fourth Monday in January is said to be Blue Monday...aka the most depressing day of the year. The date was calculated using many factors including weather, debt level, time since Christmas, time since we've failed at our new year resolutions, low motivation and feeling a need to take action. Do you get the blues this time of year and if so what is something you do to lift your spirits? I plan for spring. I'm working on where to move my raised vegetable garden. The veggies and herbs that will be grown this year. Where to ride my motorcycle on short overnight trips. That makes my heart happy just thinking about it.
5. Do you wear a watch? Any other everyday jewelry essentials? At home I wear no jewelry. None. Who needs a watch in the house when almost every single appliance and electronic gadget has a clock on it? But, when I leave the house? Watch, wedding ring, earrings, two necklaces. Yes. Two necklaces. It's just what I wear every day.
6. What is something useful you learned in high school? That being different really is the norm.
7. Do you use an accountant when completing and filing your income tax returns or do you attempt to muddle through all by yourself? Absolutely.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm having a Pampered Chef catalog show this month. You can place an order through my consultant's website and have the products shipped directly to you! How cool is that? I love technology. If you'd like more information about placing an order and what FREE products are being offered this month, just let me know in your comment or email me directly. You can place an order from now to the end of the month.
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting. If you'd like to link up with your own answers to the HodgePodge, please visit our lovely hostess, Joyce From This Side of the Pond.
Peace and Joy,