Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Musings - Honest Abe

I'm honoring President's Day. This illustrates honesty and conscience:

It's said that Abraham Lincoln once sized up the case of a prospective client as follows:


"You have a good case, technically, but in terms of justice and equity, it's got problems. So you'll have to look for another lawyer to handle the case, because the whole time I'd be up there talking to the jury, I'd be thinking, 'Lincoln, you're a liar!' and I might just forget myself and say it out loud."
 
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Have a great day.
 
Peace and Joy,
Susan
 
2 Kings 12:15 (NIV, ©2010) They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahh, my mother's hero is Lincoln. And Itty Bit's friend is Lincoln, named after good ol' Abe.

Such a treasure of things he was not afraid to say - how he lived his life with integrity. Thanks for posting this!

Beth E. said...

Oh, that all of us would live our lives in that manner! :-)