Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Throne Trip Tuesdays - Friendship



You gave me words of kindness
tied with a ribbon of gold,
hearing them was important
to heal my heart and soul.

Your gift of words made a difference
when I was down and blue,
questioning why I bother,
doing what I do.

Life can be a challenge
sometimes it seems unfair,
but when I was tired and struggling
it helped that you were there.

What can I give you in return
your friendship is so dear,
please know if you ever need me
I will always be here.

Kind words and time are needed
by people everywhere,
when wrapped with a smile or a hug
they're a gift that says I CARE!

- Author Unknown

I'm so grateful to have reconnected with a dear friend. I so appreciate you, K.D., and welcome you with open arms back into my life.  

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Luke 12:6-7 (NIV) 6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Susan, Thank you for sharing this poem and verse. Have a great day.

Beth Herring said...

thank you Susan for sharing this. you are a real blessing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved this poem....