1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself? About once a month. Usually something small like a new top, scarf, a mocha latte, or a bottle of wine.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it. I am so totally not a creative person and rarely do craft projects. But....last fall I helped the grand-boy make a no-sew fleece blanket to give his mom for Christmas. She loved it!
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right? It is entirely too big! We sold our previous house to move closer to our jobs and to downsize. We succeeded in being closer to our jobs, but our house is bigger than the last one. What's up with that?
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? Riding my motorcycle. Wait...what? Oh, you said outdoor "chore" not outdoor "activity." I'd have to say gardening. I love playing in the dirt.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? Even though I used to be a smoker, I would have to say absolutely not. That is some of the stinkiest stuff ever! If smokers could actually get of whiff of how bad they smell, there would be fewer smokers.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? I honestly enjoy doing both. Sometimes I just want to sit back and watch the scenery whiz by. Other times I want to be in control of when we stop. lol
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit? Any preoccupation that consumes your thoughts and steers you from your core values.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it? A book? I try to read into the second or third chapter. If it doesn't have my interest by then....it's not going to. I usually give a movie about 15 minutes. Who has time to waste on a boring movie?
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? Nope, but there's still time.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you? In my younger days before marriage and children....I was a 10. I moved to different states four times with friends just because. I've since toned down and become more ummm responsible and mature. I'm probably closer to a 6 or 7 most of the time.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? ahahahaha If you asked my husband that question about me, he would emphatically say, "YES!" I enjoy fresh, flavorful, home made food and rarely eat at places with drive-thru service. He considers that being snobbish.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? Everything! I'm a total control freak! Did you read No. 6? OK, not totally, but this is one of the most difficult areas in my Christian walk. Letting go and letting God.
A special thank you to everyone who visited and commented on last week's Random Dozen. Several of you were first timers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. As soon as time permits, I'll be visiting each of you.
Peace and Joy,