Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Throne Trip Tuesdays - We Zigged Instead of Zagged


Yesterday's road sign was not too far from the truth on this road trip. We had a general route and places to stay along the way. Landmarks we wanted to see. Yet, in the first few hours, we went right.....when we should have gone left. Fortunately, God already knew we didn't really have a clue and lead us on the path He designated before hand.

We were following a big loop and we ended up in the town that was to be our last stop on our very first day! ahaha. It was actually to our advantage. Go figure! The little motel was booked up for the weekend, as was other lodging, and we would not have had a place to rest our weary little heads. God knew!

And, an opportunity was presented to us that we would have totally missed. We floated on the Current River. Have any of you ever done that type of float trip? I'm not talking canoeing. I'm talking inner tubes. Sitting in the clear, cold water. It was so relaxing. Just the peaceful sound of the water, the singing birds, and us. We saw so much wildlife. Watching the turtles and fish as we passed over them was kinda comical. I'm not sure who was more startled by it. lol

Photos of the trip are posted on my picture blog: Shutter Clicks. Click HERE....or on the camera icon in the side bar to view some of the photos I took.

The next leg of our trip was not at all what we expected. It would also turn out to be the last leg of our trip. That seemed to be the theme of this trip. The unexpected. Our plans were not God's plans. Isn't it like that in our everyday lives too? It sure is in mine. I'm thankful God is in control and has my best interest at heart. Praise His glorious name. 

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I have floated on an inner tube down a mountain stream. A beautiful way to enjoy nature and the water is oh, so cold! I am off to visit your photo blog.

achildoftheking said...

Left comment on photo blog. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce said...

I love a 'float trip'...we laze our way down a mountain stream when we're in Tennessee in warm weather. It's the best!

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

I did that during my summers in my early 20's floating along the Colorado river and then being picked up some two hours later downstream. It is so much fun and super relaxing.

I wish that we consulted God more in our daily decisions that come our way and have him help whenever we are faced with that proverbial "fork in the road". Yet it's God's way like you said that always work out more in the end.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lori said...

Isn't seeing God's hand at work amazing? Sorry your trip ended early. Hope everyone is okay?

David C Brown said...

It's good to be in good hands.

Angel said...

I have never floated down a river like that!! Sounds fun!! Pictures on your other site are great. How sweet that you cleaned the pool and are such a blessing to others!!

Love and Blessings

Unknown said...

Beautiful write, Susan. I would personally never do more than dabble my feet in water ... terrified of leaving the green shores for the depths of the water.

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Mary said...

We used to go tubing all the time when I was little! Nothing like tubing in a mountain river!