Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday - 07/01/2010



I would like to dedicate this week's Thankful Thursday to our great country. We have a birthday this coming weekend, and I think it only fitting to give thanks for our wonderful nation. Yes, there are things that could be done differently, or managed better, or not permitted. But all in all.....this is the best place to live, the best place to raise a family, the best place to pursue a dream.

I'm thankful for our Founding Fathers who had the foresight to put in writing and establish for us the freedoms we enjoy today.

I'm thankful for the Constitution and Bill of Rights. This document divides the powers of our government so there are checks and balances. This document gives us the right to say what we choose, even if others disagree. This document gives us the right to defend ourselves. This document protects our service men and women. This document gives us the right to practice the religion of our choice, even if others choose no religion at all. This document gives us the right to be secure in our own homes. This document protects us in a court of law.

I'm thankful for the Armed Forces. These brave warriors protect the rights we enjoy. They protect us from threats - both foreign and domestic.

I'm thankful for the families who sacrifice loved ones in the protection of our rights. The give up time with their family. The become single parents for during duty assignments. All gave some....some gave all!

I'm thankful to God who protects this great nation, our service men and woman, and us.

What are you thankful for today? Join us in sharing our thanksgivings this week by visiting Lynn at "Spiritually Unequal Marriage" and our host, Greg at Greg's General Store.

Have a happy, fun, and safe 4th.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Romans 12:3 (NIV)  For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

I too am thankful for this country and the people who have sacrificed for our freedom...Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

A well written post Susan. Happy July 4th to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Happy 4th of July.

gigi said...

Amen, amen, AMEN!!!!!!
Happy 4th of July weekend to you and your's.

Anonymous said...

I love your heart...you are a blessing to me....

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

Just wanted to let you know that you were the lucky winner of a copy of Based on Availability on my book blog. Please email me your mailing information so I can get it to the publisher to mail out your book. Congratulations!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

KrippledWarrior said...

Thank you for saying thank you.

achildoftheking said...

I'm simply thankful that God loves me enough to send me a savior to free me from bondage. Praise God!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am feeling a lot of gratitude today too....God is good...

Sandy said...

I am in total agreement with you. Thank you for sharing this post and for your comments to me. Yes, I was in a church, once before that had that banner that you mentioned also, "You are now entering the Mission Field."
I like your patriotic blog design!

Susan said...

Great reminders, for certain! HUGS!

Susan

Mary said...

So true! IMO, there are a lot of people in this country who have forgotten how much the founding fathers gave.

Sandy said...

Susan, I should have checked Lifeway again before posting that on my blog. They were sending the Bibles to the military personnel and family members around Memorial Day and after. I searched and did not find those same Bibles on their websit anymore. I will ask about it this week. I had thought about blogging about it earlier, but didn't.