Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 9/3/09

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Welcome to my first Thankful Thursday post in September. That's right, I said September. Can you believe it? The year is flying by and I have so much to be thankful for so let's get to it.

1. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.

2. I'm thankful for winning a free consultation for decorating my home for Christmas. I must confess, I'm not the best decorator. If you missed that post, click here to read all about it.

3. I'm thankful for cooler temperatures. I'm sure it's going to spike back up into the high 80s but at least heat relief is in sight.

4. I'm thankful for my wonderfully abnormal normal family.

5. I'm thankful for friends whether they are virtual, long distance, or local.

That's my list for the week. What are you thankful for today, This Day? Please leave me a comment and stop on over at Sonya's Truth 4 the Journey. She's our wonderful host and you can link up there with other participants.

Peace and Joy,
Susan


Isaiah 48:17 (NIV) This is what the LORD says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

12 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK now I don't feel so bad knowing it was you that won!! And congrats on that.
This is a great list especially the "abnormal normal family"!!

Penny said...

I'm thankful that I've been married 4 years as of today and that we're even more in love now than we were when we said "I do"!! =D

Unknown said...

Wonderful list! Congrats on winning, how exciting! Have a blessed day

Yolanda said...

Congrats and many blessings!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Your list is great! Congrats on your win, that sounds really cool!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

WOW a free x-mas consult. Thst is so cool!

More Than Words said...

Hi there! I'm coming over from TT! This is my first time linking up!

Loved your list! Yes, we all have "abnormal normal" lives, don't we? Thank God for His grace!! :)

And how exciting about home decor prize!!

Laurie said...

friends- virtual, local, or long distance- This is great! We are blessed to have so many people to call friends. I will check out the Christmas site you mentioned.
Blessings, Laurie

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Congrats on your win! Love it!
Collette xxx

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

You have a great list to be thankful for. God has truly blessed you in so many ways. Hubbys are simply the best!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

KrippledWarrior said...

I am thankful my life is so simple.

KEE said...

Great list. It's amazing how writing down what we are thankful fot can change your whole outlook on life.

Thanks for becoming a follower, though I'm not sure where I'm going but I know it will be a wild and crazy ride. :)

I also joined you and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Oh, yes we live in KY. What about you?
Have a great weekend.