Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lines, Lines, and More Lines

It seems that I'm standing in a lot of lines these days. I stand in line at the deli and checkout at the grocery store. I stand in the teller line at the Credit Union to make a deposit. I wait in line at the drive up for DQ. I wait in line to get my oil changed. Here a line, there a line, everywhere a line, line.

I stand in line before the throne every morning too. What? Really? Bear with me on this one. Part of my morning routine is to spend time with God. I have a spot in line. Judy, Joe, Sandra, Billy, and Kathy stand around me. I so totally made that part up. But if you think about it, we have a particular spot before the throne each day during our regular prayer time. When we are not there, our spot is empty.

Other people are affected by whether or not I'm in my place in line too. How can that be? If I neglect my prayer time and Bible study time, I will be ill prepared to witness. You see, I have a place in the line of other people's lives too. I might be the first person who has ever told them about Jesus. I think this video says it best:



Are you prepared to tell someone about Jesus? Can you share your story of how you and Jesus met face-to-face in two minutes? Do you have Scripture memorized that can lead someone to Christ? I challenge you today, This Day, to practice your story and be able to lovingly share it with someone.

Peace and Joy,
Susan


Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV) 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

4 comments:

gigi said...

Susan, I loved this video. Yes I'm prepared to share :)

verification word: caling
That's our calling.

KrippledWarrior said...

Thank you susan.
KW

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

First of all congratulations on your recent win on Teresa's Grammy Girlfriends blog today! Can't wait to hear how that goes!

I agree with you, that simply sharing our testimony may not be enough, we need to arm ourselves for anything that may come up.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

blushing rose said...

What a beautiful post, Susan. Our family is a 4 generation Harley riding family ...

Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon