Wow! Can you believe it? The lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are flying by faster than a speeding bullet. June is almost behind us and at next Thankful Thursday's post we'll be in July getting ready to celebrate our nation's independence. God's word tells us to be thankful in everything so here's my list......silly or serious, big or small...God honors them all.
1. I'm thankful for prayer time with my hubby. Yep....he's in the top five again this week. We work different shifts and have different days off so our time together is precious and few. We cherish our prayer time together.
2. I'm thankful the landlord got the central AC unit fixed. We'd been using a window unit that just wasn't cooling with the spike in heat and humidity.
3. I'm thankful that God is concerned with that which concerns us. Last week when I was searching for my "picture of the day," I got my husband's car stuck in the mud. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. While I was rocking the car, I was praying for help.....I just needed a little push. You can see the result at my photo blog, Shutter Clicks. A couple days ago I went back to get a new picture of the day and took a photo of the ruts I made.....God clearly helped me. That photo will be posted Sunday.
4. I'm thankful for the time my daughter spent with me last week.
5. I'm thankful for safe traveling when I'm on my motorcycle. I'm riding to and from work almost every day on it, plus I'm riding it to class two evenings a week. Class is about twenty miles from home and I don't get out till dusk. That's when critters start moving.
That's my list for the week. What are you thankful for today, This Day? Please leave me a comment and stop by Sonya's at Truth 4 the Journey to link up and see how God is blessing others.
Peace and Joy,
Jeremiah 23:24 (NIV) Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.