Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 5/14/09

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

This is the time each week that I pause to give thanks for five things for which I am thankful. They can be silly or serious, big or small, because God honors them all.

1. I'm so thankful to Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey for hosting TT. Each week I have the opportunity to reflect on my life and how God has blessed me. Then I visit the sites of the other participants. This gives me a peek into their lives and God's work in them. There are times when are lists are very similar. Other times, I'll look at their lists and think.....yep, I'm thankful for that too.

2. I'm also thankful for the book Sonya is giving away this week: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. My husband gave me a copy of it with a beautiful bookmark while we were dating and made it required reading. He was (and is) dedicated to the success of our relationship. This book taught me how to selflessly communicate love to him in ways that inspire confidence and lift his spirits.

3. I'm thankful that family and friends escaped the Storm of the Century unscathed and with minimal property damage.

4. I'm thankful for my friends. These gals are a ton of fun and we always have a great time together.


5. I'm thankful for my blog peeps. That's right......YOU! You brighten my day! I love reading your blogs and the comments you leave for me. You are teaching me, encouraging me, and praying for me. Your kindness and humor have brought tears to my eyes and smiles to my face. You are truly a blessing.

That's my list for the week. How has God blessed you? What are you thankful for today, This Day? Leave your comment here or link up at Sonya's.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV) Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I am also thankful for The Five Love Languages. I read it a few months ago and it really changed the way I viewed my relationships.

Journaling Gina said...

Love the Love Languages...use them with my hubby and kids all the time! Certainly makes things easier! Great list this week.

Skoots1moM said...

to His glory...great things He hath done!
great post!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Love the list and I have got to get my hands of this book.

Laurie said...

Great post and picture! I love that book, too. It's been a long time since I've looked through it. I should revisit it. Blessings, Laurie

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Great list Susan. I'm thankful for you blog. It always brightens my day!

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

Hi Susan! I enjoyed the peek into your life, today, too! Your group of friends looks like fun. Isn't it great having good, supportive friends? I can't believe you used to live in Marion! Have you been back to see Cedar Rapids since the flood last summer? It isn't the same city! Nice to meet you here in the small world of bloggy-land!

Lisa said...

I am so thankful that God has surrounded me with some really great women who know Him and love Him. Once you've had these kinds of friends you never want to go back to worldy friendships.
Blessings - Lisa

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Nice list! Good things God gives us!

Yolanda said...

love the ladies that i've become friends with through the blog world. the picture of you and your friends is just the sweetest

Kim said...

You have a wise hubby. The Love Language book is a favorite but we didn't read it until we'd been married 27 years. Coulda used it sooner :-)

lagirl said...

I love that book.
I actually need to reread it; a refresher course of sorts...I have so many things to be thankful for but today I thought of how thankful I am to have not had reason for a Dr. appnt. in quite a long time. LOVE THAT!
Great picture of your Great Friends!