This is the time each week that I pause to give thanks for five things for which I am thankful. They can be silly or serious, big or small, because God honors them all.
1. I'm so thankful to Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey for hosting TT. Each week I have the opportunity to reflect on my life and how God has blessed me. Then I visit the sites of the other participants. This gives me a peek into their lives and God's work in them. There are times when are lists are very similar. Other times, I'll look at their lists and think.....yep, I'm thankful for that too.
2. I'm also thankful for the book Sonya is giving away this week: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. My husband gave me a copy of it with a beautiful bookmark while we were dating and made it required reading. He was (and is) dedicated to the success of our relationship. This book taught me how to selflessly communicate love to him in ways that inspire confidence and lift his spirits.
3. I'm thankful that family and friends escaped the Storm of the Century unscathed and with minimal property damage.
4. I'm thankful for my friends. These gals are a ton of fun and we always have a great time together.
5. I'm thankful for my blog peeps. That's right......YOU! You brighten my day! I love reading your blogs and the comments you leave for me. You are teaching me, encouraging me, and praying for me. Your kindness and humor have brought tears to my eyes and smiles to my face. You are truly a blessing.
That's my list for the week. How has God blessed you? What are you thankful for today, This Day? Leave your comment here or link up at Sonya's.
Peace and Joy,
1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV) Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.