Thursday, September 30, 2010

Strength vs Courage

It takes strength to be firm
It takes courage to be gentle.
It takes strength to stand guard.
It takes courage to let down your guard
It takes strength to conquer.
It takes courage to surrender.
It takes strength to be certain.
It takes courage to have doubt.
It takes strength to fit in.
It takes courage to stand out.
It takes strength to feel a friend's pain.
It takes courage to feel your own pain.
It takes strength to hide your own pains.
It takes courage to show them.
It takes strength to endure abuse.
It takes courage to stop it.
It takes strength to stand alone.
It takes courage to lean on another.
It takes strength to love.
It takes courage to be loved.
It takes strength to survive.
It takes courage to live.
--Author Unknown
 
May you take strength in your courage today, This Day! Thanks for stopping by and visiting. 
 
Peace and Joy,
Susan 

Philippians 1:9-10 (NIV)  9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,

7 comments:

H-Mama said...

So, so true. Love it.

Christmas-etc... said...

I love this!
So glad to be following along with your blog! I wouldn't have wanted to miss this posting! Do you have any idea who the author might be?
Ann

Angel said...

So very true, I love this!!

I'm having a giveaway at my blog, come by and sign up if you get a chance!!

Love and Blessings

KrippledWarrior said...

Very thought provoking young sister. It's always a pleasure.

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Strength to survive; courage to live...

I don't suppose I have to tell you why this strikes a certain chord within me today.

Today, I'm asking for strength.

Thanks for visiting the blog and thanks for any spare prayers. You are always welcome there!

peace~elaine

Candace said...

Beautiful truths! Thanks for sharing, Candace