Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September Remembered

This month has flown by at warp speed and October is approaching faster than a speeding bullet. How does that happen? It's fall, and I'm already planning for Christmas. What??? Really??? Yes, it's hard for me to believe too. So, before I flip the calendar to October, I want to recap the month of September with a few photos.
Let me take you  back. Back to the beginning of September and Labor Day weekend.

We went to the state fair,


the zoo,





and ventured a 300 mile motorcycle ride.




Ha! Warp speed indeed! Followed by a Little Black Dress party fund raiser for the local women's center, a visit from my cousin, and another 200 mile motorcycle ride the next weekend.


Last weekend was our local festival with parades and reunions.






This past weekend was another local event with hunting and fishing as the main attraction. There was lots of mossy oak and hairy faces.....if you know what I mean. This guy below put the ache in my heart for one of my own. Too bad we don't have the space for one.









I also did tons of canning which I'll be sharing in another post. Let me just say that October is set to be another crazy busy month. My goal is to post pictures as they happen rather all at once. Thanks for bearing with me on all these pics. I'll be posting more pics on my photo blog, Shutter Clicks. Be sure to check there for updates.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.



Peace and Joy,
Susan


Matthew 6:33 (NIV) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

7 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

I really enjoyed your photos - especially the dog! What a guy!!
And I agree, the month has gone too fast!
Ann

pam said...

Great pictures, but I want to see your little black dress!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love the dog jumping!

What a fun month you had! Thanks for sharing.

Joyce said...

I love the dogs! You did have a busy month but it looks like it was lots of fun too!

Angel said...

No kidding about September flying by!! We too are already thinking Christmas!! Crazy!!

Love all the pictures, our state fair starts this weekend, too much fun!!

Love and blessing to you!!

Nel said...

I have heard to different reasons for time flying - Flies when you are having fun and flies as you get older. I like the first one! And I must really be having fun because it has been flying. Thanks for sharing your pics. Love the action ones of the dog! Gosh Christmas is around the corner... so much to do and so little time...lol
until next time... nel

Anonymous said...

Love your colorful and fun photos for the month Susan! I envy you folks who are so smart to can your own food for a winter's day. Can't wait to read the post about that. Hope you have a restful evening.