Wednesday, September 8, 2010

RD12 - Laborous


1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you. Steak Sandwich. Now, before you say, "what's so special about a steak sandwich?" Let me describe it to you. Start with a Ciabatta loaf split horizontal. Spread the bottom half with a mixture of mayo, sour cream, Dijon mustard, green onion, and basil or tarragon (add a little salt & pepper). Top the spread with spinach leaves. Add generous slices of sirloin (grilled to medium rare, thank you). Cover with sliced cucumber. Put the top of the Ciabtta bread over all these fixins. Cut into portion sizes. Devour!

2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie? I'd have to say a good conversation. Why? Because it's genuine.

3. What is your favorite board game? Mancala. I play it with the grand-boy.

4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children? It definitely depends on the child. But I can honestly say that I'm much more patient than I was at say.....20.

5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of. Deodorant. And my friends thank me for this.

6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"  Absolutely! It gives me compassion towards others.

7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited. Mt. Rushmore. Grand Canyon. Rocky Mountains. Declaration of Independence. Yep....more than one. Nope....don't care. lol

8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself? Myself.

9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours? The mess I leave behind.

10. Are you a crafty person? Crafty as in devious and cunning. Or crafty as in I can make unique, one of a kind items with my hands? If it's the latter.....HA!

11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food? Corn on the cob. I'm an Iowa girl. It's a staple.

12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed my Labor Day weekend, but there was not a single thing leisurely about it. But that's a story for another post.

Once again, Linda has outdone herself with these fun and thought provoking questions. If you'd like to join in, post your own answers, hop over to 2nd Cup of Coffee, and link up.

Did you hear about the giveaway? Yep. I'm having another giveaway. Go HERE to enter.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV)  Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

19 comments:

Joyce said...

Your sandwich sounds yummy.

I started to answer #7 like you and had a list a mile long so I decided to go back and pick just one. Practically impossible. I am no good on these questions that ask for 'just one' answer.

Have a wonderful day!

Jill said...

#5 cracked me up! Have a great day!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Corn! Indiana and Iowa girls, for sure! Thanks, Susan, for playing. I enjoyed all of your answers.

Kara With a K said...

#2 So true

and #5 cracked me up

Penny said...

Um...I need to try that steak sandwich!!!

sara said...

that sandwich sounds delish!

we love Mancala too. Setters of Catan is a mix between monopoly and risk. It is a thinking game and can be very long! but my teens love it!

#5...too funny!

Maribeth said...

Yeah, I thought these were great questions too. I do love corn on the cob, and your sandwich sounds great!

Jewel said...

Good heavens! The description of the steak sandwich has me salivating! Do you take mail orders? :-)
And I'll have to check out Mancala because I have a grandson that will be old enough to play games one day! I'll have to get practiced up before then! :-)
Lovedreading your answers, Susan!

Tara said...

I love your answers to 9 & 10 - you had me laughing out loud! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Corn on the cob? My husband's been making so much of it, it's coming out of his ears. Pun intended!

Cindy Swanson said...

OK, I can tell it's lunchtime...the sandwich description and the corn on the cob mention really got to me!

Love your answers and your blog. Check mine out when you get a moment!

Lori said...

My Labor Day was anything but leisurely too. Can't wait to hear about yours!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I want that sandwich!

Thena said...

Never thought about running out of deodorant. lol
Sorry your weekend wasn't leisurely.

Leelee said...

Thanks for visiting me today! Loved your answers, especially #10...I am probably more of that kind of crafty than artistic....

Anonymous said...

Good answer--about the deotorant! Definately wouldn't want to run out of that, would we? LOL Your perfect sandwich sounded w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l...
Thanks for stopping by my place earlier :) Kathy

Anonymous said...

That sandwich sounds delish alright! Goodness I am going to have to add that to my recipe file!

One of my favorite things about autumn is "festival" season in which they all sell roasted corn on the cob. So. Good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sandwich sounds awesome. I haven't heard of Mancala. Love your answer for #5. Thanks for stopping over today.

Mocha with Linda said...

#5 made me smile. And I love grilled corn on the cob!