1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss. I love ginger snaps. Oh wait.....you said ginger bread. hmmmm I make a scrumptious ginger/pumpkin trifle that uses ginger bread. So, I guess that's a for.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family? I guess that's a no since I've lived hundreds of miles from my family most of my adult life. I do miss them, especially at holidays, birthday, and the like.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed? Frosty the Snowman so we could sing and dance and play.
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life? I'll have to get back to you on this one.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of? I love the traditional Christmas songs: The First Noel, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, Hark the Herald. I never tire of them.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime? Donating toys, coats, and food to various shelters.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?" Nope. Merry Hannukwanzmas! As long as HE IS the central theme what does it matter?
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month? Sadly, only one. I missed the grand-boy's program because I didn't know about it. (That's a topic for another blog post.)
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality? I'm dreaming of it being white for Christmas at someone else's house. I'm so over snow and cold. Don't get me wrong, it's great to look at and play in (see #3), but it's such a bother to drive in. It's just hard to get that Harley down the road when there's snow on the roads.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice. The one that still sticks out in my mind is a kitchen set I received when I was about 5. There was a sink, stove, and refrigerator. I loved it.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month? Two down.....two to go.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas? By daily seeking God's help to show and tell others about the birth of Jesus.
If you'd like to join in with your own answers, hop on over to Lid's by clicking here.
Peace and Joy,