Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Winter Wonderland - Day 20

It's difficult to get new or recent pictures of a winter wonderland when the temperature hovers at the 50 degree mark. The warmth is a tad on the unseasonal side, but I don't mind. Not one bit. For those of you who have followed me through the climate changes know that I am not a fan of the cold. I enjoy a beautiful snowfall like the rest, but I'm happiest when it is 70 degrees or warmer.

Back to winter and a wonderland of which I have none. Here are a couple pictures I snapped while in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. These were taken at the Bellagio. They have such a beautiful atrium. It is fully decorated with animation. There is also a train whose tracks run through the display equipped with a camcorder. You can watch a monitor from an engineer's point of view. Pretty kewl.

This polar bear and these penguins are adorable. Of course, in reality they are on opposite poles. But, hey....this is Vegas afterall.


In keeping with the winter wonderland theme for today, here is what it looks like when it snows in my neck of the woods. This is from last winter but still 2011.

Thank you so much for playing along in the 25 Daily Christmas Photo Challenge. Today is day 20. Only five more days until the challenge is over and Christmas is here.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Luke 1:76-78 (NKJV) 76 “ And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, 77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people By the remission of their sins,  78 Through the tender mercy of our God, With which the Dayspring from on high has visited us;


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! I know what you mean about the weather ... it is quite warm here still and I'm looking forward to it being a tiny bit more cold! I hope to be back in the photo challenge now that I'm out of school ... with just 5 days left!