Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stirring the Pot - Cookbook Winner!



Back in October, I entered to win a book from my awesome blog peep Pam at Sidewalk Shoes. Pam and I have a history. Sort of. She reviews cookbooks, recipes, and wine. I try, buy, and taste many of her recommendations. For instance, last year she posted a review on The Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. Shortly after that, I went to the local bookstore to take a look at it. Let me just say, I was not disappointed. I purchased it and refer to it frequently.

Another book that Pam recommended provided me with several new canning recipes, infused oils, and herb vinegars. I'll be writing about those in another post.

All that to say.....I WON! I WON! I was so excited when Pam announced that I was the winner of What to Drink with What You Eat by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page. When it came to my door, oh my. It's a beautiful book, chocked full of pairings. Pairings of food and beverage. Whether your beverage of choice is wine or beer, tea or water, coffee or spirits. Whatever you have on hand. The first half of the book is by food. The second half of the book is by beverage. So if you had a bottle of Sangiovese that you wanted to drink or even a root beer, you could look up what would go good with it.

Here's what the cover looks like:



Thank you, Pam, for the book, your generosity, your reviews, and your recommendations. I have not once been disappointed with anything I have tried. Looking for the perfect pairing of beverage and food for your holiday gathering? Try this book.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Ecclesiastes 5:18 (NIV) This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

This sounds like a book I'd like. I'll check it out-thanks for the rec!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Enjoy.

Angel said...

congrats!!!

Penny said...

Congrats on the win! And, btw, great running time I see to the side!! You're almost at 300 miles, yea!!!!