Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Gottado

Can you believe it???? Summer is almost over. Technically. According to the calendar. Next Friday, the 23rd is the first day of Autumn. Are you ready for it? Am I ready for it? Not really. I love summer. Love, Love, LOVE summer.

To help me transition to cooler temperatures, I'm starting something new. A fall gottado list. My summer gottado list really helps me. I list food I want to can and freeze. Places I want to see. Events I want to attend. How'd I do on it? I'll save that for another post.


Here's my first ever fall gotta do list:


Apple picking
Make leaf art
Go on a hay-ride
Have a photoshoot in a leaf pile
Enjoy a bonfire with s'mores
Make caramel apples
CORN MAZE!!!
Go to a pumpkin patch
Go on 2 dates
Make fall cookies (I already have two new recipes to try)
Take a nature walk (bring the camera!!!)
Trick-or-treat (help at the church event)
Bake pies (what are your favorites? maybe I'll try something new)
Decorate (carve/paint) a pumpkin
Drink Fancy Coffee Drinks (Yep, Capitolized)
Picnic


I've never been big on decorating my house for fall or Halloween. I'm more the jump-right-into-Christmas kinda gal. But decorating a pumpkin sounds rather appealing to me for some reason.


Do you have a favorite fall tradition? Perhaps you make an outstanding pie or cookie and would share your recipe or technique. Do you have a corn maze in your neck of the woods?


Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting. Have a wonder day.


Peace and Joy,
Susan

Genesis 1:14 (NKJV) Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

meet ya at the bonfire and will sip coffee and eat s'mores with you!