Thursday, November 12, 2009
Thankful Thursday - 11/12/09
Last week I missed Thankful Thursday. Why? Well, let me tell you.....we were moving boxes out of the storage unit. It took most of the day to carry the boxes out of the storage unit and into the trailer, stack the boxes in the trailer, haul the trailer to the house, carry the boxes out of the trailer, and stack the boxes in their new location in the house. Let me just say, I have not been lacking in exercise. Some boxes were carried downstairs to the basement, some boxes were carried upstairs to the second floor, and some boxes were carried to the main floor. Whew! Are you worn out from all this yet?
So let's get to the five things I'm thankful for this week. They can be serious or silly, big or small because God honors them all.
1. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and the 24 years he served our country in military service. America is the home of the free because of brave men and women like him who have served and continue to serve our great country.
2. I'm thankful to have all of the boxes out of storage. I can finally see an end to having stuff scattered. The disarray is driving me a little crazy. Ok....maybe a lot crazy. Ok...maybe just crazier. lol
3. I'm thankful for so much information available on the internet. I've spent most of my day yesterday working on a research project for a paper. Without the internet, I'd have spent my day at the library pouring through journals and periodicals to find the information that is readily available at the click of the mouse.
4. I'm thankful for the time spent last weekend at a Beth Moore conference with one of my dearest friends. We sang, praised, prayed, learned, and rejoiced.
5. I'm thankful for the strength and stamina to carry and move all the boxes and other treasurers; that we have a trailer and truck to haul all those treasures; and that we have friends to help us with the heavier items.
If you'd like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please hop on over to Sonya's blog Truth 4 the Journey. She is our gracious host. Please leave a comment and tell me what you are thankful for today, This Day. You'll feel joy unspeakable and....it's the right thing to do.
Peace and Joy,