Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 4/16/09

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

I'm thankful for selling my house. Yes, even tho it is sad to leave it is exciting to see where God will lead us now. The closing on the house was yesterday.

The time my husband and I are apart......at our jobs. During a time when so many are out of work, I'm so thankful we have good jobs.

An expense paid trip to Chicago. It is work related, but I still get to go to the Windy City for three days. I'm sure to get some shopping time in.

I'm thankful changing seasons. Spring is such a beautiful time of year, but each season is a parallel to changes in our own lives and how God sustains us.

My blogging friends. Yep, I'm thankful for each one of you. You have touched my life in many ways, encouraging, challenging, teaching. You have reached out through cyberspace and shared yourself with me. Thank you!

That's my five for the week. What are you thankful for today, This Day? When you stop by, be sure to leave me a note and let me know how God has blessed you.

Peace and Joy,
Susan


Romans 13:8 (NIV) Love, for the Day is Near 8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

13 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I love you list and I am looking forward to the day I can say that I'm thankful for my house selling! YEAH!

Glad you've joined us this week!

Sonya Lee

Jennifer Sikora said...

I found your blog through Thankful Thursday. It's awesome how God can use a blog to teach us how to write huh? I aspire to be a writer myself and hopefully one day, God will allow that to happen!

I wish I was BUYING a house!! LOL

Be Blessed!

Anonymous said...

OH...the expense paid trips...work related or not...we get to go...that's the big picture. Great list...Have fun...God Bless
Tessa

Yolanda said...

May you continue to be encouraged and see Christ through out each and every day.

Yolanda

gigi said...

I am thankful for the Atonement of my Savior and for the price he paid on our behalf.

For miracles and blessings beyond measure.

For grace and mercy.

For you and your sweet spirit.

Yea! For house closing!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful list. I'm grateful too for blog friends like you. God has truly blessed me with an uplifting group of friends to share both the happy and sad times.

Mary Moss said...

You have a great list! Sounds like lots of excitement in your life now! God's blessings as you discover His future plans for you!

Penny said...

Aww, how sweet! I'm so excited you get to go to Chicago! It's so much fun!

Raye Ann said...

This is a great list. Reading all this list of thankfulness serves to remind me of just how great God is.

This is the first time I have stopped by your site. It looks great.

Blessings

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

I found Thankful Thursday be "accident" after I posted a "Counting Blessings" post. So glad I was able to link up today and read these great lists. Love your perspective on jobs and the sale of your home. God has something great in store for you, I'm sure.

momof3girls said...

I love your thankful idea! I am thankful that God has blessed me with an amazing husband (really I am not just saying this, he is a great dad, which I find sexy, he loves to be with us, and he loves me,) Wow! God has filled my cup over flowing!!

I hope you have a great time in Chicago! Go Cubs!

Blessedw5mom said...

Congrats on the sale of your house!

Lisa said...

God is so good to us. We have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your list!
Blessings - Lisa