Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Joy in the Journey

I have started this post several times but just couldn't get the words to flow. Initially, I had the title as "House Update." Yet, I felt like that was all I was able to say. The offer we made was not accepted, and we continue our search for a house to buy. Thank you so much for your continued prayers in this matter.

My outlook turned from optimism to discouragement, and it has stayed there for several days. I needed to get my mind off what we didn't get and on to what God has done, is doing, and will do for us. To accomplish this changing of my thoughts, I'm concentrating on the joy of the journey and the type of place our home will be....not just for us but also for everyone who will cross the threshold.

My joy comes not from what is seen, but from what is not seen. That joy is the work God is doing behind the scenes to accomplish His plan and purpose for our lives. This is a time to discover the treasure of where God is leading us. The journey is not always a pleasant one as He hones us (me and hubby) to take us to the next level, preparing us for the home and mission He has in store for us.

Our desire is to have a home that is a place of order, peace, and safety. This home will nurture and burst with light, joy, and love. Where the presence of Jesus can be felt. When you walk thru the front door, you should be able to shut the door on the chaos, hatred, cruelty, and pressure of the outside world and into the light of His presence. Our home will reflect the love and joy, peace and gladness of our Father in heaven.

What is your home like? Is it a place of order or chaos? Is it a dark, depressing place lacking the light of life that lifts souls? Is your home filled with nasty looks, hurtful words, disrespect, and dishonor? Or when others come into your home can they feel Jesus there?

Shut the door on the world today, This Day, and walk into the light of His presence. You, too, will feel the joy of the journey.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Matthew 7:11 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!




6 comments:

gigi said...

I hope that when others come into our home they can feel Jesus here, we sure do. Our home is a home of love and peace. Blessings in your contiued search. Great attitude.

lagirl said...

I hope my home is just as you described your wish for your future home to be. I know when I come through the door my stress melts. And, I also KNOW that soon we will be celebrating with you for the "perfect" home which is to be yours. I understand your discouragement, but keep heart cause soon that will be a thing of the past.

Anonymous said...

I continue to remember you two in prayer as your search continues. It's hard while you are "on" the journey but at a later time, you will look back and see God's hand in every event. What seems like road blocks are actually stepping stones. God bless.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Our home is usually a peaceful sanctuary for us but with 2 teenage girls and a hands-on dad, things sometimes become stressful.

You will be in my prayers for your peaceful home.

Kim said...

Amen! Years ago I read The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer and she conveyed this same idea, of making your home a haven for your family and friends.

Robin~All Things Heart and Home said...

I pray things fall into place Susan...and that you feel a little tickle of joy really soon.
Hugs
Robin
All things Heart and Home