Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Photography Journey

Last week I started a new online photography class. My teacher/mentor is Christina Greve of Divas and Dreams. She lives on the other side of the world. In Denmark. Kinda crazy when you think about it.Taking a class from someone who is seven hours ahead of me. When I get off work to start my lesson, Christina, and about half the class, is getting in bed or already asleep. Technology and the internet has clearly made the world smaller......or largely expanded my world. Whichever way you look at it. I believe this course will provide me with the skills and confidence I need to take my photography to the next level. I'm pretty excited.

My first assignment was to make an inspiration board. Can I just tell you that I was a little apprehensive about the task? Why? I had never made one before. Really. The closest I've ever gotten to a vision board is pinterest. Can I see a show of hands.....who is hooked on Pinterest? I thought so.

So, I started tearing out pictures from magazines. Photographs of women, children, families, food, flowers, birds, animals. Pictures that tugged at my heart. Activities that I enjoy. Looks I want to duplicate. Lighting and poses that invite you into the photograph. Here is what I ended up with:



A board that is representative of my developing style. Glamorous. Vintage. Inviting. Joyful. Which is exactly what I want my photographs to evoke from the viewer.

Journey with me. Hopefully, you (and I) will be able to see a progression from ordinary to extraordinary. That is my goal. I want to close the creative gap between where my work is today and where I want it to be.

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Psalm 119:18 (NKJV)  Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

gigi said...

What fun! I've been taking lots of online classes and always come away filled! Enjoy!

H-Mama said...

a photography class... how fun! i should really do this. love your board... and pinterest!! ;)

Candace said...

I love Pinterest so much. I think it's great that you are taking a photography course online. Fun!