Sometime last fall, Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee started hosting the weekly Random Dozen. She posted 12 random questions and people like me answered on our own blogs. It was fun. I played most every week. Then Lid got taard. I so understand, but I missed it. Fade to black......
Opening scene Act two....on stage walks my blog peep Joyce. She and I met through the RD. Joyce has decided to pick up the gauntlet and host the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Similar to the RD but different. You can read all about her reasons for starting this weekly meme here. Let's get started on the very first Hodgepodge.
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad? Def my dad.
2. Do you like roller coasters? Yes. Absolutely yes! I like the new smooth roller coasters that corkscrew more than the older wooden roller coasters that jerk you around. I like the controlled scare. The speed. The dips. The turns. The adrenaline rush. I'm a thrill seeker. I ride my own Harley. lol.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?) Actually, the name This Day! came from part of my prayers during a season in my life. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, only This Day! God's grace is sufficient for today, This Day! Nope, wouldn't change it.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given? The best gift I've given is an AeroGarden for growing herbs. I'd love to have one.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay? The water bill. Shouldn't water be free? And, they don't supply you with a return envelope. What a bother. Now I have to find one, address it, find a stamp (I know I have one somewhere), and remember to put it in the mailbox. ugh!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty? Hmmmm. I fill the glass. I drink half of it. It's half empty, yes? ahaha. I'm an optimist and a realist. I just can't help myself.
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words? I learned this word from PW. It's a fun word. You should try it....today, This Day! lol
Foment |ˈfōˌment; fōˈment| VERB! (geez)
Instigate. Stir up. Provoke. (Usually, stir up an undesirable or violent sentiment)
“The group was notorious for fomenting political dissatisfaction.”
“Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could. If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation.” –Abigail Adams
SynonymsNot to be confused with ferment.
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon. Honestly, I've been scratching my eyes, rubbing my eyes, not wearing my contacts today because my eyes itch, burn, water and well, they just plain hurt. What's up with that? Shouldn't allergy season be over with by now?
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. If you'd like to join in with your own mishmash, hop on over to see Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.
Peace and Joy,