Friday, November 12, 2010

An Evening with the Daughter

When the daughter was in middle school, the musical CATS was aired on our local PBS station. She fell in love with it. This was not her first experience with theatrical performances. Over time, we saw many musicals, ballets, comedies, and plays.

As soon as the movie was available, I purchased it for her on VHS. She played it so much she literally wore it out. Not even kidding. So when it was available on DVD I bought that copy for her too. She purchased the musical score on CD herself.

Wednesday night, for the first time, she saw the live performance. It was so exciting. For both of us. This is their logo followed by short clips of the most popular songs from the performance. The clip is a little on the long side, but if you watch the first minute or so you will see the wonderful make up, hear the awesome score, and glimpse the spectacular choreography. Enjoy.


Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Psalm 57:7 (NIV)  7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

4 comments:

Lori said...

How fun for her! I've always wanted to see a Broadway show but haven't hit the rung on the Bucket list yet. SO glad she had the opportunity.

Mary said...

I got to see Cats in NYC when the band I was working with went to the Macy's Parade. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have known what was going on (I didn't know the story-line before I went) if it wasn't for one of the high school girls seeing it in Nashville, I wouldn't have had a clue about it. The costumes were amazing.

Christmas-etc... said...

How wonderful!
Now, if you visit my blog today you will meet my newest feline love - Edward! Edward was hit by a car...and lived, by the grace of God, to tell about it! Cats really are amazing!! Gota go - Edward wants to play!
Have a great weekend!
Ann

Beth E. said...

What a wonderful experience for your daughter...she'll always remember such a special day!