Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I'm so excited for today. It's one of my favorite traditions. We're be putting up our tree. Our grandson, Jacob, will help us decorate it this evening. I always look forward to this event. Jacob is now seven (and a half) and for the last five years, he has been helping decorate the tree. There are ornaments that are exclusively for him to open and put on the tree wherever he chooses. This makes him feel very special. There is so much joy, love, and laughter, it's a wonderful time and very festive.

Some of our other Christmas traditions are Bible readings about the birth of Christ, the appearance of angels to the shepherds, the gifts of the Magi, and God's provision of hope.

Christmas traditions are carried through generations and remind us of special moments we shared with loved ones who are no longer with us or are too far away to join us for the holidays. The Christmas traditions we pass on to our children and grandchildren will bring to their remembrance the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas.

What Christmas traditions do you enjoy? What Christmas traditions are you passing on to your family and friends? A new Christmas tradition could start today, This Day, to welcome in and celebrate this wonderful time of year.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Philemon 1:6 (NIV) I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite traditions are watching the Childrens Christmas program at church, they are always the picture of sweetness & innocence and that puts me in the Christmas mood. I also enjoy wrapping the gifts I buy for others. I'm not a "bag lady" as I enjoy the gift wrap & scotch tape method. Old habits die hard, Susan. Enjoy putting up your tree!!