Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm Falling for HodgePodge Week 44



1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year? At the first sign of a cold, I take Zicam. It definitely helps. I will get a flu shot too.

2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear? Face it. Head on. ".....all things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

3. Share two good things about your life right now. I'm breathing. lol. Yes, really. And, I am loved.

4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style? I like to wear what works for me. If there is something trendy that fits into my current wardrobe, I might add it.

5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult? I was a Campfire Girl. Does anyone know about this group?

6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor? Apple!

7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher? Honest, modest, compassionate, creative, committed, prepared, caring, respectful, fair, conscientious, interested, dedicated, patriotic, and godly.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm headed to a photog workshop today that I'm super excited about attending. The instructor is Brett Jarnagin of Flashfire. His work is amazing. Check it out! The best part? I won the seat at this workshop. This is going to set my photog style apart. Well, at least that is my hope. We'll see how my fall sessions look. :)

What do you have planned for fall? Be sure to check out my new fall gottado list here!

Thank you for stopping by and visiting. Please hop on over to Joyce's to read other participants answers or better yet, link up with your own.
 
Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Peter 3:8 (NKJV) Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;

5 comments:

Joyce said...

How exciting for you! Have fun at the workshop!
I've heard of campfire girls. Love your 'teacher' list.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the seat at the workshop! Have fun.

I love your list of good teacher characteristics! It's a great one.

Monkey said...

I really like your characteristics of a teacher.
:)

Amiee said...

I love your post that states that you are "breathing". Ha!

I never thought about how important it is for a teacher to be modest. That does seem like a good character quality to have though!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Great answers and it's so good to be browsing through blogs this evening. I've such a little time for doing that the past few months. What fun, a photo class! I would love that. I have so much to learn and love, love taking pictures.

Happy week to you!