Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Cup of Hodgepodge Cheer!



That's right! It's a Holly Jolly HodgePodge! Joyce is off on another adventurous outing saying hello to friends she knows and everyone she meets. In the meantime, here's her hodgepodge questions of the week:

1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year? This question leaves the impression that I have to choose just one thing. ugh! Who can choose? Let's see: I graduated. Great accomplishment but is it really all that interesting? hmmm. Probably not. How bout....oh, I know! I went on my first overnight motorcycle trip with my best pal, Jessica. We were gone for several days. Two gals. Out on the road. Sharing the motorcycle experience. Yep. I'm going with that one. Just call us The Wild Hoggettes. This pic is from a different trip we took, but it's the only photo I have with both of us in it and on our scooters.


2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom? Again. Choosing just one. ugh! I'd have to say my "Grandmother Clock." This clock was a gift to my maternal grandmother from my dad before I was born. My granny gave it to me a couple years before she went home to be with the Lord.


3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you're not sure click here to see a list of possibilities.At first, I was going to answer the Southbeach Food & Wine Fesitval. But after seeing the ginormous list of food festivals around the world, who can pick just one? Are you seeing a theme? Maybe I need to change the title of this post. ahaha. Anywhoo, I'm going with a food festival in Italy. Food. Wine. Cheese. I'm thinking it doesn't get much better than that.

4. Snow...do you love it or is it considered a four letter word where you live? Snow I can take. But we live in that area of the country which borders the switchover from snow to rain; so we end up with ice.

5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you any good? I love to ski. Or at least I did in my younger days. I have not skied in years but would jump at the chance to go! Is that an offer?

6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for? Again with the pick just one option? Here's the list of qualities I'm thankful for in my hubby. Humor. Compassion. Patience. Integrity. Ingenuity. Ha! I'm such a rebel! 

7. Describe the coziest spot in your home. It's our living room. Except when it's the kitchen. lol

8. Insert your own random thought here. It's my two year blogiversary! To celebrate, I'm having a giveaway. Be sure to go here to enter.

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting. I leave you with this:

Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Chronicles 16:34 (NKJV)  Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fun post Susan and I love the video. Wishes for a wonderful Wednesday!

Joyce said...

I love the link to the song! You had great answers this week-happy Blogaversary!

gigi said...

Loved reading your answers. Happy Blogiversary!

Jill said...

I think a food festival in Italy sounds perfect! I love the Christmasy look on your blog.

Taylor said...

The Wild Hogettes! Love it! :)
Congrats on two years of blogging!
Have a nice week. :)
Taylor (www.thelumberjackswife.com)

Thena said...

Wild hogettes so cute.
Happy Blogiversary!!!

Betty W said...

Happy blogiversary!! I just celebrated my fourth last month.
I love that food festival in Italy too. Take me with you! :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Susan, so hard to picture you on a motorcycle. :o) But, hey, they look like such fun to me, but I'm a "scaredy cat."

Oh, I grew up listening to Burl Ives my entire childhood and love, love to hear him sing. Gosh, that brought forth some memories.

Great visiting!

Anonymous said...

How cool that you went on a bike trip with your friend. I wanna go next time!!!

Happy Blogiversary!

Mocha with Linda said...

I haven't seen one of those clocks in years. I remember them being called Anniversary Clocks.

Love Burl Ives singing that song! Reminds me of being a child!

H-Mama said...

I'm so glad Linda is carrying the torch of randomness. Fun questions. Graduating is a great accomplishment! Happy blogiversary! ;) So glad we're bloggy friends. ((hugs))

Expats Again said...

The bike trip looks like so much fun! Congratulations on graduating also!

Candace said...

Happy Blogiversary, Susan! I love what you have done with your blog. It's so festive and happy over here and the header photo is beautiful. I really enjoyed reading your answers and watching the video that you posted. It brought back some wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing! Blessings, Candace