Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Throne Trip Tuesdays - Hello! Hello! Are you there? - 2/2/10

I'm sitting at my desk. Music is softly playing through the computer speakers. I'm talking with a colleague about grant funds and personnel topics. Suddenly.....my phone rings. It's a familiar ring. The ring tone for my best bud. Do you have specific ring tones for specific people? When their ring tone sounds, it's an alert to exactly who is calling.  I have one for my dear hubby. I have a different one for my daughter. You get the idea. But I transgress. My phone rings. I excuse myself from the discussion. My colleague leaves my office. I answer the phone. "Hello. Hellooo. H.E.L.L.O.!" Nothing.  Oh wait. There it is. In the background. Garbled music and traffic noise. I've been purse dialed. lol

I hang up. My colleague returns. The phone rings again. The same scenario plays out. Two more times. It's almost comical.

You never have to wonder if God is there or listening. You can call on Him 24/7/365. It matters not to Him what time of day or night you call on Him. He is there. He listens. He responds.

But what about when God calls on me? Am I available to listen to Him? How do I respond? Is there so much background noise that I fail to hear God?

Here am I, Lord. Use me. Here am I, Lord. Send Me. Today. This Day!

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Ephesians 6:12-13 (NKJV)  12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

This is a very inspirational post! Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

A great analogy Susan. What comfort that we can call on God at any time - He is always there. Have a wonderful day dear friend.

Penny said...

So true.

achildoftheking said...

Amen. Thank You Father God for being there anytime anywhere. In Jesus' name, amen.

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

What a great post and I have to agree that God is the leader in wireless communication. Prayer is available anytime, no contracts or bills to pay!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved this post.....a great reminder

gigi said...

You are right and I loved this :)