Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Throne Trip Tuesdays-2/16/10; and It's a Birthday!!!

 

I'm a little tardy getting a post up for today. I've been struggling with the topic. Struggling with what I thought should be posted. The topic I wanted to write about vs what God was laying on my heart to post. Do you ever struggle like that?

Trust is the topic or word God has laid on my heart for today's trip to the throne. Yet, I fail to trust. Mostly people. People fail. I fail. If people I know intimately fail me, how can I trust God whom I've never seen? How will He be different from others?

People change. They change their beliefs. They change their convictions. They change their minds. God does not change. The promises He made years ago still hold up for me today. God's truth 100s of years ago is still true today. Over the next few weeks, I'll be studying the word trust. My perception of trust vs God's word about trust.

Now....on to the birthday. Today my beautiful daughter turns 25. TWENTY FIVE!!!! I don't have any scanned photos of her at a young age. But here is a more recent photo. God bless you Dear Daughter. Today's scripture was her first memory verse.

 

Peace and Joy,
Susan 

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

One of my favorite scriptures! Happy Birthday to your daughter...you most definitely do not look old enough to have one turning 25!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Happy Birthday.....Daughters are wonderful

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

First of all please pass along my birthday wishes for your beautiful daughter. I am hoping that both of you can enjoy some great time together and do something fun!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

By the way if you have a moment, I have an award just for you on my blog today.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

KrippledWarrior said...

Amen And HAPPY BIRTHDAY

achildoftheking said...

We all struggle with trust issues Susan. I too struggle.

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Laurie Justus Pace said...

I missed this in the snow storm. I didn't realize we both had daughters with Birthdays in February. Stacey's is on the 19th and Tink (the baby's) eek is it the 24th?

God blesses us richly! Thank the Lord for His grace, our daughters and our granddaughters. God is good, all the time, God is good.

christy rose said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your daughter. Happy Birthday to her!!

I am interested to hear some of your study on trust too.