Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Musing - A Place of Rest



That's so what I need today.....a place of rest. Painting four days in a row has exhausted me and the hubby. It's pretty sad when you go to work to get a break. We have made tremendous progress with the painting. The upstairs is completely done. WooooHoooo! The walls in three rooms downstairs are painted. Only two left, then we start painting the trim. It's really a shame that years ago someone thought it was a good idea to paint the trim in every single room on the first floor. I'd much rather have the natural wood. 


Are you taking on any projects this fall? What are some changes you'd like to make to your home today, This Day? 


Peace and Joy,
Susan

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NKJV) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

10 comments:

blushing rose said...

As soon as DH goes on his work trip to Canada I am having the carpenter come & tear out the shower & tile it ... only way it's gonna get done! Chuckle!
Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon

Anonymous said...

It makes my arms and neck hurt just hearing about all your painting! Isn't it grand though to be working toward making the home your own? I can't wait to see all your choices of colors etc. We did painting etc. this time last year and now we are trying to do a little landscaping. Always something but I enjoy it. Take care Susan.

gigi said...

So happy you have a place of your own to paint!
I am buying tile this week and when we come back from a family reunion next week we are having tile laid in our bedroom :)

Heart2Heart said...

Susan,

We would have jumped in and helped you if we lived so much closer as both Steve and I love to paint. We have repainted our home of 7 years in some of our rooms 3 times. Sometimes you can't just get the color right!

Yesterday we started to prepare our backyard gardens for the cooler fall and winter weather that will be approaching soon. That in itself was a huge challenge but you feel so amazing when you can look back and see it done!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Penny said...

That picture is too cute!!

As for fall activities...I'd just like my ceiling to get its finishing touches from when my husband accidently put his foot through it and for my silly toilet to stop leaking! UGH!!!

Kim said...

Yep, you probably have re-discovered a few muscles you forgot you had? :-) Every time I paint a room, I'm reminded of those obscure rarely used muscles.

But you're almost done! How exciting. I'm with you on the trim; but on the other hand I do like a crisp white baseboard and door frame. Six of one, half dozen of the other...

Have a great week! Praying for you to have the stamina to hang in there.

Tamika: said...

Hi Susan!

I have been wanting to paint every since we moved into our home six years ago. I am a huge fan of Divine Design- if Candice could do my entire home I would be thrilled!

This fall there aren't many things we plan to do as far as projects in the home. I am on strict writing schedule that consumes most of my attention.

But one day soon...

Amber Hamilton said...

Hi, Susan. I'm a new follower. Thought I'd say "Hi".

pam said...

Painting is exhausting!! That's why I leave it all up to my husband.

christy rose said...

I hate painting. My husband usually does most of it. We are taking on the project of finishing our basement this fall and winter and hopefully it will be finished before spring. :)