Monday, March 9, 2009

Eyes of Faith

Thank you for your encouraging and heartfelt words. It would seem that I need to seriously be more cautious when asking for something. Let me clarify that statement. At the beginning of Lent, I mentioned on my post that I wanted to see with God's eyes, to see everything I'd been missing: the lonely, the broken hearted, a love for humanity. I forgot that those types of requests usually begin with self-reflection, purging, and sometimes healing. I'm so grateful that when those requests are being fulfilled, God is fixing to do a work.....complete a work......prepare for what is ahead. And I better hold on for the ride! lol

These are the moments when I need "faith eyes." Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to see the completed work as God sees it? This so reminds me of Joshua when God was giving him the battle plan. Here is a warrior who has successful battles behind him, getting ready to take on the fortified city of Jericho. The Lord says to Joshua....."see, I have delivered Jericho into your hands..." Can't you just imagine Joshua squinting....trying to see? Yet, all he could see with his physical eyes was Jericho tightly shut up. It'd be like someone trying to point out the camouflaged wildlife to the untrained eye. "Follow your eyes down my arm, to where my finger is pointing.....you can see the deer.....right there."

This is when Joshua's faith and his actions were working together and his faith was made complete by what he did. This is also when our faith and our actions need to work together. Today, This Day, I'm exercising faith as it is an inheritance and am fully convinced that what God promises, He is able to perform.

Peace and Joy,
Susan


2 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV) But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.


2 comments:

gigi said...

God's plan is usually not what we had planed but having faith in Him and knowing that he knows best is what I always try to do.
Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

I'm with gigi on this one! His ways are sure not our ways!
Prayers for you today~
Robin
All Things Heart and Home