Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things Go Awry

Have you ever planned something out expecting certain results only to be scratching your head wondering what happened? Of course you have. That's just how life is sometimes.

Take last week for example. My week, as usual, was planned and chocked full: meetings, spending time with my hubby and grandson, grocery shopping and cooking, volunteering, and getting work done on my scooter. God added His own agenda to my time: visiting a terminally ill friend in the hospital then attending the visitation because he went home to be with Jesus. On top of that, my brother was hospitalized with a serious infection whose source couldn't be identified and was causing his vital organs to start shutting down.

That caught me off guard more than anything else. Can you imagine being 1600 miles away from your family when you get that kind of news. He has since stabilized. One of his kidneys is working, and his liver function is improving. He is far from "out of the woods" but with thanksgiving and praise, he is better. On Wednesday, if he is improved enough, they are going to perform a cardiac catheterization and determine the type and extent of cardiomyopathy.

His life certainly took a different turn from what he had planned. Like my brother, most people tend to live as though they will see an old age. Dear One, we are not guarantee our next breath. Can I just say, our thoughts are not God's thoughts and our ways are not God's ways and our plans are not God's plans. Sometimes we cannot see His purpose or plan but trust me He has one for you today, This Day. Seek Him!

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, This verse from Jer. is one of my favorites. I will remember your brother in prayer. Blessings to you this day.

gigi said...

Every life is in God's hands and it is His to take if He so wishes. It's up to us to walk in His ways and prepare for a future with Him. He is all knowing and if we have that faith in Him, He will direct our paths.

Praying for God's tender mercies to be with you and your brother and your families. His Grace be with you.

Andrea said...

You and your brother are in my thoughts. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I am sorry to hear about the rough week you had. You and your brother will be in my prayers. I will pray for his continued prgress and pray for strength for you. Blessings to you Susan!

Homemaker's Heart said...

Hey girl! I am sorry to hear of the weeks events. Your heart and mind are right there with the One who is overseeing it all. I will be praying for you and your brother. {{hugs}} to you.

I have a motto...when things go awry make a cup of tea. It seems to melt away the chaos and calm the spirit. :-) Love you!

Anonymous said...

How frightening for your brother. Glad he is improving. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him.

Anonymous said...

What a difficult week, Susan. How is your brother today? I'm praying for him to make a full recovery. I feel for your entire family. His illness causes radiating pain to the entire family. I know you hurt, because he hurts. Please keep us updated.

gigi said...

Are things still getting better? Praying for you and your family!