Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Gotta Do!!!

I've kind of been working on my "things I want to do this summer" list. Working on it in my head. Nothing on paper. Time to change that! This is what last summer's gotta do list looked like and how I did on it.

Here are some of the activities I want to accomplish this summer.

Bike Trip with Jess (me and my buddy are heading out on our Harley's for a few days) This was on my list last summer too. We're actually leaving Saturday...as in TOMORROW!!!!
Water Park
Go junking. Have you ever been? Yard sales. Estate auctions. I'm on the hunt for photography props.
Have a water balloon fight.
Go to the library. Read a book. That might not seem like a big deal, but believe me it is. To read a book, I have to actually sit in one spot for more than ten minutes.
Bake something original.
Enter baked goods/canned goods at local state fair.
Have a squirt gun fight
Picnic
Go to the pool every other weekend (at least)
Make s'mores.
Clean and organize my pantry, closet, dressers, life.

Strawberry Chipotle Jam (already made this)
Refrigerator Pickles
Zucchini Relish
Peach Jam
Tomato (some with basil. this stuff is amazing)
Salsa (definitely) Last year I made salsa from a recipe my sweet friend, Gigi @ *afterthoughts* shared. THANK YOU GIGI!!!! It is by far the best salsa I've ever had. I'm hoarding my last two jars.
Apple Pie Filling (definitely)
Something new (not sure what just yet, gonna search the canning book)

Strawberries (done)
Blueberries
Raspberries
Peppers (green, red, yellow, hot)
Herbs

OTHER PRESERVING:
Last year, I also made herb vinegars and oils. My sweet blog peep, Pam @ Sidewalk Shoes made some and I followed suit. This stuff is wonderful! They add punch to ordinary meals. She has introduced me to exceptional recipes and cookbooks. THANKS PAM!!!


PHOTOGRAPHY:

I'm going to be taking more pictures. Developing my own style. Studying. Coming up with a unique name (future contest for this). Learning. 


That should keep me busy for a minute or two...don't you think? Something else I had on my list from last year was to start an exercise program. Commit to working out at least three time a week. I actually did that! I'm loving it. I even conned one of my friends into joining me. She lost 40 pounds. You can read about that HERE and see the pictures I took of her.

What are your summer plans? Going camping? Taking a vacation? Where do you/will you go? Doing a stacation?  Please share. I can't wait to read all your comments when I get back. Until then, I'll miss you all.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV) But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I love your idea of a summer to-do list! I think I'll have to copy you.

gigi said...

I love lists but not so good at following them :) Good luck to you.

So glad you loved and used the salsa recipe. I love it too and have got to make some this weekend because my kitchen counter is covered with fresh tomatoes from my garden :) Love, love love fresh tomaotes! Have a safe and great trip.
Smiles and blessings.

Yolanda said...

When I saw your training widget, I was pumped. Since I've last visited with you - many moons - my life has changed drastically.

You can read about that here when you have time.

http://yolandarogers.blogspot.com/2011/05/joy-comes-in-morning-and-then-some.html

I use yolandarogers.blogspot.com to share healthy recipes, what I am doing, and looking for encouragement to keep doing this thing. ;-)

Higher Grounds is still in effect as well.

So you enjoy running? Been a runner long?

I see you still enjoy your HD as well! :-)

Lovingly-
Yolanda

KrippledWarrior said...

just haunting the halls of the VA hospital doing PT and OT...

Joyce said...

You have a great list! I should put mine in writing...its in my head, more or less : )