Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team

This year, like so many others, I am going to participate in the Living Proof Ministries "Siesta Scripture Memory Team" challenge. The challenge? Commit to memory 24 scripture verses that are relevant to me. On the 1st and the 15th, you post your verse selection along with the reference and translation on the LPM blog.

Then in January 2012, I am hoping to attend the Siesta Scripture Celebration. Several of my blog peeps have done this challenge. Some of you, like me, are taking up the challenge for the first time.

For official rules on how you can participate, go here.

This is going to be a challenge in many aspects for me. Yet, I believe it is something that will strengthen my walk with Jesus.

Have you participated in this challenge previously? Did you attend the Siesta Scripture Celebration? Are you participating this year? Please let me know your thoughts and experiences. If you would like to join in go here to post your first verse.

Peace and Joy,
Susan

Psalm 3:3 (NKJV)  But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

7 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love this, but will have to start on the 15th. I don't think anyone will notice!

Thanks for sharing!

Yolanda said...

Susan,

My scripture for 1/1/11 is "For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 NIV

This is my third year in a row to memorize scriptures. And my 2nd time to do so with LPM Blog. Since LPM Blog didn't do this in 2010, I started off memorizing 3 a month, but about 30 scriptures into it, I began to realize I wasn't retaining. SO I just finished out the year, with those 30 and going over them and over them. I think Miss Beth knows what she is doing, 24 works! :-)

Yes, I did attend the Houston gathering, there was 300 registered and not all were able to come. It was amazing and so personal. I plan on attending in 2012.

Lovingly-
Yolanda

PS: I hope to meet you!

Joyce said...

I'm in too as are my daughters...really really hoping to go to the celebration in Houston in January! How fun it would be to meet you there in person!

I"m memorizing the first chapter of James and am going to add my verses to my sidebar as the year moves along...good luck with yours!

Chel said...

Hi Susan!

You know this is my first time to do it as well. I sure wished I had in 2009; the follow up posts made it sound like a true celebration in January!
See you then!
Chel

Sandy said...

Yes, I participated in 2009, attended the celebration, continued in 2010, and have begun in 2011 and hope to attend the celebration! I pray a blessed 2011 for you!
I posted about my scripture on my blog.

christy rose said...

Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by and noticing that I was gone and back again. :) It feels good to be back. Hope to be seeing much more of you coming soon.

Nel said...

This is my first year to participate also. Sounds like a lot of fun!
until next time... nel