Monday, December 8, 2008

Prayer and Something New..."Tag, You're It"

There is a new song by Greater Vision that has really touched me. The message is a reminder to all believers that God hears our prayers and that we are important to Him. I especially like the part where he sings "He will hush the angels' praises, just to hear what you are saying." That gave me a wonderful mind picture of the importance of our prayers, of His desire to fellowship with us, that He gives us His undivided attention.

I love the fact that God's heart is towards us and He wants to grant us the desires of our heart. What is your heart's desire today, This Day? Do you seek healing, salvation of a loved one, or peace from financial worries?Matthew 6:33 (NIV)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

----------------------------

I've been tagged by an artist friend of mine and I believe God is going to use this tagging to spread His message through this blog. I'm totally new to blogging. I hope you'll share her site (Diana Moses Botkin) and mine (SusanD) with your friends and have them stop by to introduce themselves. I think this game is fun for everyone and helps us get to know each other across the miles.

So here are some things about me, just in case you've been wondering:
1. I ride my own Harley Davidson motorcycle, and I LOVE it!
2. I used to breed, raise, break, and ride horses. I also had dogs, cats, ducks, and chickens. At times I miss all that, but I'm enjoying the freedom of not having that responsibility.
3. I'm almost three years cancer free! Praise God!!!
4. I love to travel, see new places, meet new people, and watch God work in the lives of others.
5. I have a grown daughter, and I also have two grown step-children who each have a child. Which makes me a grandma.
6. I'm related to Abraham Lincoln and Tom Hanks.
7. I work full-time and go to school part-time ( six to nine hours per semester) to finish my bachelor's degree, plus volunteer activities.

These "facts" are
perhaps more than you wanted to know about me. Or maybe they answer all those questions you've been having about why I'm the way I am. No? (They don't for me either.) Ah well.. on with the game. Now I'm tagging seven other bloggers; Pam (I love her recipes), Kim Wheeler (she makes the cutest wall hangings for children's rooms), Laurie Pace (who has been such an encouragement and blessing to me besides the fact that she is an awesome artist), Mrs. Peterson (my sister who will be so surprised by this), Vicki Shuck, Nel, and lagirl (who, like me, is brand new to blogging!).

So for the blogs I tagged, here's how you play the game:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers and let them know.


Peace and Joy,
Susan

2 comments:

pam said...

Thank you for tagging me, how sweet! But I have to tell you, I rarely do tags or memes. But since you are so sweet, I might just do this one!

Homemaker's Heart said...

How surprising! I never would have thought. I'm tickled you thought of me and will be posting in this week my tag. Miss you. {{Hugs}}

God's peace,
Dee